Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from January, 2017

RUSSIA CONTINUES TO USE TU-22M3 LONG-RANGE BOMBERS AGAINST ISIS IN DEIR EZZOR

Six Russian Tu-22M3 long-range bombers have once again delivered airstrikes against ISIS targets in the Syrian province of Deir Ezzor, destroying two command centers, weapons and ammunition depots and militant manpower.


“On January 30, six Tu-22M3 long-range bombers of the Russian Aerospace Forces took off from an airfield located in the territory of the Russian Federation, flew over territories of Iraq and Iran, and carried out an airstrike on ISIS terrorists’ targets in the Deir Ezzor province of the Syrian Arab Republic,” the Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement.

Two videos depicting airstrikes were also released:

Despite constant Russian airstrikes, the situation in the city of Deir Ezzor remains tense. The Syrian army continues to fight against ISIS terrorists in order to link up the Deir Ezzor Airport with the rest of the government-held pocket.

More about the Tu-22M3 long-range bomber:

Kurdish militia tortured children to extract ISIS confessions – HRW

Child soldiers fighting for Islamic State © Jamal Saidi / Reuters


The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) - who controls parts of northern Iraq - systematically tortured boys as young as 11 using beatings, electric shocks and rape threats, to force confessions of involvement with Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) according a new report by Human Rights Watch (HRW).


“KRG authorities should ensure the wellbeing of children captured after living under ISIS and not mistreat them,” Lama Fakih, deputy Middle East director at HRW said. “The brutal abuse of children produces false confessions, can cause lifelong suffering, and blurs the moral line between ISIS and its foes.”

In December, HRW researchers visited Erbil, the unofficial capital of Iraqi Kurdistan, where they spoke to 19 of at least 183 children, who are being held by Asayish, the KRG security force. Of those interviewed, 18 were Sunni Arabs, and all but one told researchers that they had suffered physical and mental abuse after …

‘Terrorist attack on Muslims’: At least 6 killed in Quebec City mosque shooting

Police officers are seen near a mosque after a shooting in Quebec City, January 29, 2017 © Mathieu Belanger / Reuters

At least six people are dead after gunmen opened fire in a mosque in Quebec City on Sunday, a police spokeswoman said, as cited by Reuters. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called the shooting a “terrorist attack on Muslims.”


The attack took place at Centre Culturel Islamique de Quebec (Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center) on Sainte-Foy Street.

Two suspects have been arrested so far, according to Quebec Provincial Police spokeswoman Christine Coulombe. Some of the victims were badly injured, she said, adding that those killed in the attack were around 35 to 70 years old.


View image on Twitter



Follow
CTV News
✔@CTVNews



UPDATED: PM Trudeau calls shooting at Quebec City mosque 'a cowardly attack' http://ow.ly/pDiF308tmAA
4:54 AM - 30 Jan 2017

8181 Retweets
7272 likes



Police have not given further details about the assailants or what prompted the attack. An investig…

SWEDISH POLICE APPEALS FOR PUBLIC HELP DUE TO ‘UPWARD SPIRAL OF VIOLENCE’ IN MALMÖ

Police of the Swedish city of Malmö has appealed to local citizens in order to encouraged them to help police to solve scores of serious crimes.


Photo: Corbis / Demotix / Ian Pace

On Friday, chief of police of the Swedish city of Malmö, Stefan Sinteus, issued an open letter for local citizens in order to encouraged them to provide testimonies, which might help police to solve scores of serious crimes, including dozens of attempted killings, rapes, beatings, murders and other offenses, and find perpetrators in a spike in violence in the city.


“I can assure you that the police in Malmö are doing everything we can for suspected perpetrators to be held accountable. But we cannot do it on our own. We depend on you, and your witness statements, to solve these violent crimes. Therefore I appeal now to you: Help us,” Sinteus wrote.

According to the letter, potential witnesses in the murder, committed in Rosengard district of Malmö city on January 14 and claimed the life of 16-year-old Iraqi b…

US PARATROOPERS ATTACK YEMEN’S BAYDA PROVINCE: 40 KILLED, INCLUDING CIVILIANS – REPORT

US paratroopers have carried out a series of ground and air raids in the Yemeni village of Yakla in Bayda province.


US paratroopers of the Army’s 4th 25 Infantry Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), part of the NATO-led peacekeeping mission in Kosovo (KFOR), jump with parachutes during a military drill near the village of Ramjan on May 27, 2015 (Photo: Getty Images / Armend Nimani)

A series of ground and air raids has been carried out by US paratroopers in the Yemeni village of Yakla, located in Qifah district of Bayda province, a number of media reported. Reportedly, about 30 aircraft, such as the Apache helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles, took part in the attack. As a result, 57 people, including civilians, were killed.

According to Saudi media, there were 16 civilians, including women and children, among killed during the assault. The rest part of killed was represented by al-Qaeda terrorists, including its three ringleaders.


“The operation began at dawn when a drone bombed the home o…

RUSSIAN MERCENARIES IN SYRIA AND AROUND THE WORLD

J.Hawk, Daniel Deiss, Edwin Watson

The December 9, 2016 Kremlin celebration of the Fatherland Heroes’ Day brought attention to one of obscure components of Russian clandestine paramilitary capabilities, when a photo featuring President Vladimir Putin and the leadership of the so-called Vagner Private Military Company surfaced on social media.

Vagner is the pseudonym of Dmitriy Utkin, a retired member of the Russian Armed Forces who at the time of his discharge commanded the 700th Special Operations Detachment of the 2nd Separate Special Operations Brigade of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense. He has gained experience in PMC operations while employed by the Moran Security Group where he participated in Somalia counter-pirate operations. Vagner’s deputy commander is also a Russian military veteran, Vadim Troshev.

Vagner represents Russia’s most ambitious experiment with the PMC concept. Elsewhere in the world, PMCs such as the Executive Outcomes and Erik Prince…

PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS: “BANNON IS 100% RIGHT – THE MEDIA IS NOW THE OPPOSITION”

Written by Paul Craig Roberts; Originally appeared at his blog

Bannon is correct that the US media – indeed, the entire Western print and TV media – is nothing but a propaganda machine for the ruling elite. The presstitutes are devoid of integrity, moral conscience, and respect for truth.

26 Jan
The Lead CNN
✔ @TheLeadCNN



.@jaketapper: Reminder that the president's top aide just told NYT that the press should keep its mouth shut. No. http://cnnmon.ie/2k6OnJb pic.twitter.com/EYw5Pc2faM


Follow
ira @idesignwis


@TheLeadCNN@jaketapper

You're not the press, you're fake news!!! pic.twitter.com/ei0rEfRpyF
11:09 PM - 26 Jan 2017



7979 Retweets
245245 likes





Who else but the despicable Western media justified the enormous war crimes committed against millions of peoples by the Clinton, Bush, and Obama regimes in nine countries—Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, Syria, Somalia, Palestine, and the Russian areas of Ukraine?

Who else but the despicable Western media justified the domestic p…

COMMANDER OF ISIS WOMEN’S BATTALION STEALS GROUP’S MILLIONS & ESCAPE FROM MOSUL

Several millions of dollars of the Islamic State terrorist group have been stolen by a commander of the women’s battalion, who escaped with her helpers from Mosul to al-Ba’aj province.



A commander of the women’s battalion of the Islamic State (IS) terrorist group, operating in Nineveh province, has stolen several millions of dollars, belonging to the group, and escaped from Mosul to al-Ba’aj province with four of her helpers, the Fars news agency reported on Saturday, citing unnamed local sources in Nineveh. The news agency specified that three of the commander’s helpers are Arabs, while another one is from Tajikistan.


“A commander of the female battalion is tasked to use female members in operations and administer all issues and affairs, related to female suicide bombers,” the news agency’s sources explained.

According to the sources, after the terrorist group’s members ran away from Mosul, the IS security forces are now on alert, as the terrorist group fears that its foreign members ma…

OBAMA-APPOINTED FEDERAL JUDGE SUSPENDS EXECUTION OF TRUMP’S DECREE ON RESTRICTIONS OF ENTRY INTO US

Migrants, who have already arrived in the US and were detained at airports, were allowed to temporary stay on the country’s territory.


Protesters assemble at the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, Saturday, Jan. 28, 2017 (Photo: AP / Craig Ruttle)

The Federal Court in Brooklyn allowed temporary stay for foreign nationals, who have already arrived in the US and were detained at airports in accordance with the new decree on migration policy, signed by US President Donald Trump on Friday, the Reuters news agency reported. The decision was taken by Obama-appointed Federal Judge Ann Donnelly. In this way, the court partially suspended performance of the presidential decree.

As it was specified, foreign nationals, who have already arrived in the country and who have a valid visa are allowed to temporarily stay in the US. According to estimates of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), the decision will affect about 100-200 people, who have already been detained in various U…

Al-Qaeda Consolidates Its Front Groups In Syria

By Moon Of Alabama


A few days ago Al-Qaeda in Syria and the Salafist Takfiri group Ahrar al Sham produced a show claiming they were fighting each other. I fell for it and wrote:
The Turkish, Russian and Iranian governments had agreed on talks in Astana in Kazakhstan between delegations from "moderate" militant groups in Syria and the Syrian government. Ahrar al Sham, which ideologically borders between al-Qaeda and the "moderates", was also invited. It declined to take part in solidarity with the not invited designated terrorist group Jaish Fateh al-Sham (the former Nusra Front aka al-Qaeda in Syria).

Russia had suggested the talks with the intent of separating the "moderate" Takfiris under Turkish control from the designated "terrorist" Takfiris. The talks had no immediate results but still achieved their purpose. Shortly after the talks began al-Qaeda attacked Ahrar al Sham. After some on and off fighting al-Qaeda started yesterday to attack all…

A “COLOR REVOLUTION” IS UNDER WAY IN THE UNITED STATES

Written by The Saker; Originally appeared at The Unz Review

A Russian joke goes like this: “Question: why can there be no color revolution in the United States? Answer: because there are not US Embassies in the United States.”

Funny, maybe, but factually wrong: I believe that a color revolution is being attempted in the USA right now.

Politico seems to feel the same way. See their recent cover:



While I did predict that “The USA are about to face the worst crisis of their history” as far back as October of last year, a month before the elections, I have to admit that I am surprised and amazed at the magnitude of struggle which we see taking place before our eyes. It is now clear that the Neocons did declare war on Trump and some, like Paul Craig Roberts, believe that Trump has now returned them the favor. I sure hope that he is right.

Let’s look at one telling example:

US intelligence agencies are now investigating their own boss! Yes, according to recent reports, the FBI, CIA, National …

Read Draft Text Of Trump's Executive Order Limiting Muslim Entry To The U.S.

The document details how the president plans to deliver on his campaign promise of a Muslim ban.

By Jessica Schulberg

The White House intends to temporarily shut down travel from a wide swath of countries to the United States and implement dramatic restrictions on immigration and refugee admission, according to a draft version of a White House executive order obtained Wednesday by The Huffington Post.

The document, which could still be amended before being officially signed, confirms the details reported by HuffPost on Tuesday, and adds new information about the planned strategy. According to the draft executive order, President Donald Trump plans to:
Block refugee admissions from the war-torn country of Syria indefinitely.
Suspend refugee admissions from all countries for 120 days. After that period, the U.S. will only accept refugees from countries jointly approved by the Department of Homeland Security, the State Department and the Director of National Intelligence.

Cap total refugee adm…

Trump to sign executive order banning Syrian refugees from US

By Bob Fredericks



President Trump plans to announce at least a temporary ban on refugees and immigrants from a handful of Muslim-majority countries plagued by Islamic terrorism.
Trump argued on the campaign trail that the US had no way of knowing whether refugees from war-torn countries such as Syria could be disguised terrorists.

Trump also wants to suspend issuing visas for people from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen for at least 30 days, according to the draft.

All are predominantly Muslim countries. The specifics could change, sources told the AP.

There is likely to be an exception for refugees fleeing religious persecution if their religion is a minority in their country, including Christians trying to get out of Muslim-majority countries where their communities have come under attack.

The bans would stay in place at least until specifics of what Trump has called “extreme vetting” can be worked out.

As president, Trump can use an executive order to halt refugee process…

Trump Orders ‘Safe Zones’ in Syria Despite Fears of Deeper U.S. Involvement in War

By Carlo Muñoz


President Trump is ordering the Pentagon and State Department to develop a series of “safe zones” in Syria, a move that administration critics claims could draw the U.S. military deeper into the country’s civil war.

The safe-zone mandate was tucked into the text of an executive order signed Wednesday by Mr. Trump that establishes curbs on the flow of refugees from Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen and other conflict zones from migrating to the United States. The order also institutes a revamped screening process for all U.S. immigrants.

Defense Secretary James N. Mattis and Rex Tillerson, Mr. Trump’s pick to be secretary of state, will have 90 days to submit a blueprint to the White House on the establishment of “safe areas in Syria and in the surrounding region in which Syrian nationals displaced from their homeland can await firm settlement,” according to a copy of the order, obtained by The Huffington Post.

As president, Barack Obama resisted calls for the safe zones along the …

RUSSIAN-MADE IL-76 STRATEGIC AIRLIFTERS OF SYRIAN AIR FORCE HELP TO SAVE DEIR EZ-ZOR (PHOTO)

The IL-76 strategic airlifters and the Mi-17 helicopters, handed over to the Syrian Air Force by the Russian Aerospace Forces, allowed to redeploy additional troops to Deir ez-Zor, besieged by terrorists.


Photo: TASS / Marina Lystseva

Thanks to military hardware and aircraft, received from Russia, the Syrian Air Force managed to carry out a unique operation and send its elite units to Deir ez-Zor, besieged by terrorists of the Islamic State (IS) group, the Izvestiya newspaper reported on Wednesday. According to the newspaper, these forces should save from destruction the only stronghold of the government forces in the east of the country. At the same time, the Russian Aerospace Forces also intensify its efforts to support units in Deir ez-Zor. According to experts, both the government and terrorists are going to go all out to take control of the city, whose strategic importance has significantly increased in recent months.

On the night of January 23, the IL-76 strategic airlifters and th…

GERMAN GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE FIRED FOR WHISTLEBLOWING ON MIGRANTS’ BENEFITS FRAUD

An employee of the state reception authority in Lower Saxony, who discovered 300 cases of cheating the German benefits system by migrants, has been fired after she reported about this to police.


Photo: AP

The state reception authority (LAB) in German Lower Saxony has fired its employee, who discovered 300 cases of cheating the German benefits system by migrants and reported about this to police, the Kronen Zeitung newspaper reported.

According to the newspaper, the unnamed female employee, who created various documents for asylum seekers and handed out them state benefits in Brunswick city, discovered a large number of refugees, receiving multiple benefits under different names.

Reportedly, some of the migrants obtained two identities, while others had up to six different benefits claims. The woman told about the revelation to her supervisors and said that the cases should be taken to police. However, her boss answered that they would not take any actions.


“They asked me not to do anything…

EUROCOPTER TIGER ATTACK HELICOPTER (INFOGRAPHICS)

The Eurocopter Tiger (the Airbus Helicopters Tiger) is a four-bladed, twin-engined attack helicopter. It is known as the Tiger In Germany and as the Tigre in France and Spain. Click to see the full-size image

TRUMP SIGNS EXECUTIVE ORDERS TO “BEGIN IMMEDIATE CONSTRUCTION OF BORDER WALL”, IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT

Originally appeared at ZeroHedge

President Trump on Wednesday signed directives to build a wall along the U.S. border with Mexico and crack down on U.S. cities that shield illegal immigrants, proceeding quickly on sweeping and divisive plans to curb immigration and boost national security.

As Reuters summarized, the Republican president is also expected to take steps in the coming days to limit legal immigration, including executive orders restricting refugees and blocking the issuing of visas to people from several Muslim-majority Middle Eastern and North African countries including Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Iraq, Iran, Libya and Yemen.

Trump signed two executive orders at the Department of Homeland Security, one ordering construction of a wall along the roughly 2,000-mile (3,200-kilometer) U.S.-Mexico border and the other moving to strip federal grant money from “sanctuary” states and cities, often governed by Democrats, that harbor illegal immigrants. In cities such as San Francisco loca…

IT SYSTEMS OF SWEDISH ARMED FORCES SHUT DOWN DUE TO CYBER ATTACK

The Swedish Defense Ministry has been forced to shut down its IT systems due to an extensive hacker attack.


Photo: Flickr / John Scott Rafoss

IT systems, used by the Swedish Armed Forces, were recently exposed to an extensive hacker attack, the Reuters news agency reported on Wednesday. Reportedly, an unprecedented decision to shut down the systems, providing operation of computer networks of the Swedish Defense Ministry, was taken at the top-level.

The General Staff of the kingdom’s Armed Forces reported that the main cyber attack targeted the Caxcis IT system, which was virtually made inoperative and could not operate normally for a few hours. According to the analytical department of the Swedish General Staff, the cyber attack was carried out in order to obtain access to classified information, as well as to turn computers, belonging to the Swedish Defense Department into the so-called ‘zombie computers’, which could be used in further attacks on other computer systems.

At the same tim…